RSS
Wecome to my Blog, enjoy reading :)

Friday, October 24, 2008

Bunkasai (School festival)

So it's been a while since my last post. ( a month and a day to be exact, I am so ashamed). I've pretty much settles in and there are so many other ways to keep entertained other than blogging and I've been neglecting it. But I am back now.

So this weekend is my school's festival. Actually both of my main schools, an elementary and a junior high, have their festivals this weekend. Saturday I will be at the Junior High and Sunday at the elementary. So I am basically working all weekend, but I don't mind. Because I get to take 2 weekdays off! And weekdays are so much more useful.

anyhow today was spent in preparation for the school festival and there were no actual classes all day. My English teacher told me to come to the gym at 2.20 to help the English recitation speakers and then ran off. So a day of nothing to do, but you get used to them here in Japan.

Earlier in the week I got to prepare two huge sheets of card about Barbados (yay!) so that now half of Ichinohe will know where my country is and a bit about it. The poor Japanese don't have a clue about anything in the Caribbean other than Jamaica, but then neither does half of America! AT least they are interested though.

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to school festival. I feel like I hit the jackpot with my job and my placement. I love my town, my schools, my kids, my teachers. Happy, happy!!!

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Nihon no Barbados-jin Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Ezwpthemes