RSS
Wecome to my Blog, enjoy reading :)

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Language Barrier

For the first time ever in my life I am worried about the language barrier. I speak English, French, Spanish and Italian and I have never in my life been somewhere that I could not communicate with the people around me. Even in Portugal I spoke some sort of mixed up Spanish and was perfectly understood.

I have started learning Japanese but it's so far from any of the other languages I know (which are admittedly very yclose to one another) that I wonder how I'll get through it.

I also think I want to get more out of the language than your average JET. Because I am a language lover I don't see the point in coming away from JET with anything short of a near perfect command of the Japanese language - that's just me. So I've all psyched up to do the Japanese language proficiencyy test in December. I am tempted to skip the first level (4) and just jump right to 3. I guess it will depend on how much Japanese I know by the end of August.

Today, I tell myself I should study, but all I have done with the Japanese for JETs text is move it from my bedroom to the table in the family room. I really do want to get through it though because I want to get back to the Japanese course I was doing before which had stuff that I thought was relevant to moving to Japan that I don't see in my JFJ book.

I am kinda on revision break right now. Going over the previous chapters and trying to make sure that everything is sticking that should be.

Time will tell how good I get.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Nihon no Barbados-jin Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Ezwpthemes